This chilli prawn and rocket pasta has become a regular Friday night meal. Quick, super easy and delicious. Tastier than take away and you get far more prawns than if you were in a restaurant…
– Gluten-Free Linguine
– 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
– 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (or garlic infused oil if FODMAP issues)
– 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
– 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
– Large pinch of salt
– 20 large green king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails removed
– 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 large bunch rocket, stems trimmed, leaves shredded
Step 1 – Cook the linguine in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain well and return to pan.
Step 2 – Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli flakes, lemon zest and salt, cook stirring for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the prawns and cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked through. Add wine, simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat.
Step 3 – Add the prawn mixture to the hot pasta with the lemon juice, remaining olive oil and rocket, toss until well combined. Serve immediately with freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe from The Balanced Body Australia.