• 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
• 2 tsp. cumin
• 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• ½ cup orange juice
• 1/3 cup currants or cranberries
• 2 carrots, coarsely grated
• 200g cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
• 1/3 spring onion, sliced thinly
• 2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
• 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
• ¼ cup tahini
• 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
• 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds, toasted
• Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan, over medium heat. Add garlic oil, cumin and chickpeas. Cook stirring often, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Combine currants (or cranberries) and orange juice in a small microwave proof bowl or mug. Microwave for 1 minute until hot. Drain, reserve orange juice.
• Combine currants, chickpeas, carrots, onion, spinach, tomatoes and coriander in a large bowl.
• To make dressing, combine tahini and reserved orange juice in a small bowl. Season to taste. Whisk to combine. Drizzle over salad and gently toss to combine.
• Sprinkle with salad seeds and serve.
Not Only Delicious, But Also Nutritious Because:
• Chickpeas are high in fibre and protein which both help increase satiety and decrease appetite – two important components that help manage weight and increase the likelihood of weight loss when necessary.
• Coriander helps in the proper secretion of enzymes and digestive juices in the stomach; thereby, stimulates digestion and peristaltic motion.
Short on time? Don’t worry about toasting seeds, it won’t make a big difference Buy pre-cut shredded carrot from the supermarket.