When the weather is cooler our water consumption can drop. To maintain good health, ensure water stays part of your everyday routine.
- Keep a bottle on your desk or in the car
- Have a glass of water upon waking to re-hydrate the body
- Add a squirt of lemon or lime juice to add a zesty change
- Set a reminder on your phone
- Swap caffeine and soft drinks for herbal teas.
How much should you drink?
For men it is suggested 3 litres per day
for women, 2 litres per day.
How does being hydrated benefit us?
- Water helps to lubricate & cushion our joints
- Protects the brain and internal tissues
- Helps to regulate your body temperature
- Keeps skin plump and healthy
- Removes the waste from our bodies.
If you feel dizzy, have low blood pressure, feel tired and have dry skin you could be dehydrated.