- 16 asparagus spears
- 4 eggs, soft boiled
- ½ cup crumbled feta (or less depending on appetite)
- Olive oil
- Cracked pepper
Soft Boiled Eggs
- Fill small saucepan half way with water, bring to boil.
- Reduce water to simmering and immerge two eggs in water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove from heat, tip out hot water and replace with cold water.
- Peel eggs when cool enough to touch.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus.
- Cut the asparagus to fit into your steamer basket.
- Cover and steam until the asparagus are bright green, tender but still crisp (approximately 3-6 minutes depending on thickness).
- Place asparagus on plate, top with soft boiled eggs that have been cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Not Only Delicious But Also Nutritious Because:
Asparagus is rich in inulin which is a soluble dietary fibre and works as a prebiotic helping to stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut. Good gut health has been linked to improved mood, immune function and weight management.