Looking for a tangy salad to put with your lean protein, this is delicious.
Salads are one of the best ways to keep a variety of vegetables in your dietary pattern and both carrots and cabbage keep well in the fridge which is what you want, meaning less time at the shops.
Dressing is done in two parts as it involves the light pickling of onion.
– 1/2 onion sliced really thinly
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
– 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
– 40g dried currants
Place in bowl and leave to sit for 10-15 mins while prepping rest of salad.
– Mix 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil with the PART 1 mixture and toss with salad ingredients to combine.
– 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
– 1/4-1/2 cabbage thinly sliced
– 40g walnuts, roughly chopped
– Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
– Punnet of tomatoes