- 1½ cups milk (coconut, organic dairy milk or almond milk)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa
- 6-9 dates, pitted (adjust to personal taste)
- ½ – 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional, adjust to personal taste)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ – 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract (adjust to personal taste)
- Place cacao, vanilla bean extract, cinnamon, salt and dates in food
- processor and blend until a paste is created.
- Add milk and blend until well combined.
- Combine milk mix and chia seeds, whisk together.
- Cover mixture and place in fridge overnight, stirring 1-2 times to ensure even liquid absorption.
- To serve, measure ¾ – 1 cup of chia pudding and top with berries, shaved coconut, and yoghurt.
Not Only Delicious, But Also Nutritious Because:
Chia seeds are loaded with fibre, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Thirty grams of chia seed contains 11 grams of fibre, approximately 30% of our daily fibre requirements. Fibre feeds the good bacteria in the intestines; good gut bacteria levels are linked to an improved ability to manage weight, improved mood and a stronger immune system.
Place ½ cup of chia pudding in a cup and top with berries for a simple snack to satisfy a sweet craving.