- 1 can tuna (in oil), drained and flaked
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp. continental parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 punnet of grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4-6 iceberg lettuce leaves (medium sized), washed and dried.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix tuna, cannellini beans, tomato, red onion, capers, parsley, lemon zest and tomatoes together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on each plate, divide tuna and bean mix across lettuce leaves.
- Eat like a taco.
Not Only Delicious, But Also Nutritious Because:
- Cannellini beans are a low calorie but macro and micro-nutrient dense pulse. For instance, ½ cup of cannellini beans contains 7g of protein (twice as much as ½ cup of milk) and 6g of fibre. Both fibre and protein play a significant role in balancing blood sugar levels and managing appetite.