Serves: 12 muffins (freezer friendly)
- 1 cup (250 ml) yoghurt
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) lightly flavoured olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain spelt wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare 12 hole muffin tin with muffin papers (or use non-stick silicon muffin cases)
- Place the yoghurt, oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix till just combined. Gently fold in carrot and walnuts.
- Ladle batter into each prepared muffin case, filling until ¾ from the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked. Allow to cool slightly before removing the muffins from the tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS BECAUSE:
- The use of wholemeal flour, carrot and walnuts creates a high fibre snack which will not only help maintain a healthy digestive system, it will also keep you fuller for longer which aids in weight management and loss.